Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 and more goodies this past week


Woah! I am truly lucky to have experience up close Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 in Bridgeview. I'm very thankful I got the opportunity to go, let alone get right up to the stage. It was the closest I've ever been at a concert, and I'm fortunate it was at one with appearences and performances by Rock and Roll's greatest legends.

As more luck would have it, I have a stellar camera and took wicked pictures you thought would be in Rolling Stone Magazine! A slide show of the highlights of Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 is in the works, so stay tuned!

Another great opportunity for entertainment Ben and I had last week were free tickets to Fuerza Bruta, a raver's answer to Broadway. The acrobatics and innovation of theater-going appealed to me, despite some of it being redundant and overkill. The swimming pool above the audience (who, by the way, stands and dances on the stage itself the entire time) was pretty neat, although I could go without seeing too much flesh from the female swimmers.

But don't call me a grandma just yet! While I do like all sorts of theater, and I enjoy seeing new things, I particularly keep up with the Annoyance Theater or other comedy shops for cheap price and cheap laughs.

When it comes down to it, I think I just enjoy a show that really gets to my soul and moves me, not just entertaines me for an hour or two. Well done Eric Clapton, you have suceeded in doing this task and soo much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment